Configuring Multiple Openfire Instances

We are deploying multiple 3.7.1 instances on Linux (Load Balanced) all sharing the same database instance within the same xmpp domain. My use case is client #1 is connected to OF instance #1 and the other client #2 is connected to OF instance # 2. I want client #1 to send a message to client #2. I’m looking for documentation on how to configure OF to support this? This doesn’t require a cluster plugin to work does it?

Thanks

.j

Yes, this requires the clustering plugin.

What is the reason for multiple openfire instances? You could perhaps run multiple connection managers on the front side, with a single openfire server instead?

Excuse my ignorance but my impression is a single instance of OF is capable of 65k active TCP connections.

My concern is not so much fail over which clustering would give but number of users a single instance can support. Trying to understand how OF handles large number of connections

You mentioned the connection manager (multiple) connecting to a single instance of OF ? Any idea on how robust the CM is in the enterprise?

So it sounds like cluster for failover and instance routing (my usecase). Otherwise a single instance (on proper server) with n number of CMs to a single instance for most needs?

Using the connection manager proxy is probably a cleaner way to scale it - Connection Manager works pretty happily for me, altough I only have a few thousand users.

Hello David, John

I am creating an application using Openfire and its ready to use with some bugs …

What the error i am facing is i am getting the Java Error at a time of clicking on the clustering option…well i have successfully installed the clustering plugin and i am using the Openfire Version 3.7.1…

So please help regarding this

THanks IN advance

If you search here for clustering, there are lots of threads about how to setup the plugin - You need Coherence from Oracle, along with a few other things.

yup i followed the instructions from

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins/clustering/readme.html

but extract folder doent have the tangosol.jar file in it…

**So now my login also stopped working

That’s why I told you to go search - You need Coherence 3.3.1, not 3.7 (which I’m guessing is what you downloaded).

Well sir u r correct but i am no more finding the 3.3.1 its the

well let me see that this file contains the all the files or not

Thank U so much sir…

I found all the needed files

David i am not finding the version 3.3.1 and after replacing file of Oracle coherence version 3.4.2 in Lib folder of Openfire i am getting the following error…

Exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.LockOutManager$LockOutManagerContainer     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.LockOutManager.getInstance(LockOutManager.java:73)     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.AuthFactory.authenticate(AuthFactory.java:172)     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:149)     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:530)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1216)     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1187)     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1187)     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:50)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1187)     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1187)     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1187)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:425)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)     at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:494)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:933)     at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:362)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:867)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:245)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:126)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:1007)     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)     at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:462)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

So can u help me in that case

Thanks in Advance

http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/213184

Even after downloading and replacing the file getting following errors

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.LockOutManager.getInstance(LockOutManager.jav a:73)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.AuthFactory.authenticate(AuthFactory.java:172)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:149)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:530)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1216)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:425)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:494)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:93 3)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:362)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:867 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:245)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:126)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.j ava:1007)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:4 62)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to access backing cache for Locked Out Accounts. BackingMapManager is a com.tangosol.net.DefaultConfigurableCacheFactory$Manager and backing map is com.tangosol.net.cache.LocalCache

at com.jivesoftware.util.cache.ClusteredCache.init(ClusteredCache.java:106)

at com.jivesoftware.util.cache.ClusteredCache.(ClusteredCache.java:59)
at com.jivesoftware.util.cache.CoherenceClusteredCacheFactory.createCache(Coherenc eClusteredCacheFactory.java:177)
at org.jivesoftware.util.cache.CacheFactory.createCache(CacheFactory.java:346)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.LockOutManager.(LockOutManager.java:85)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.LockOutManager.(LockOutManager.java:46)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.lockout.LockOutManager$LockOutManagerContainer.(LockO utManager.java:52)
… 37 more

Please Provide the solution to this the solution is also not given to the person used to get the same error

which is present in the last reply

http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/213184#213184

Follow the procedure given here - http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/46309