I’'ve recently upgrade my Wildfire server to version 3.0.1 and my clients still do not see their contact roster update dynamically. They have to sign off & sign back on in order to get an updated list.
What I’'m wondering is, could it be due to system resources? I currently have ~150 users on the server, and the server is running all required applications: Wildfire & MySql 5.0x. The hardware is:
-Pentium 3 1GHz
-2-4GB swap on its on hard drive
-Windows2000 Professional SP4
I’‘ve currently for my VM options set to give Wildfire ~200MB (wthat thats doing to the rest of the system I don’‘t know). I’'ve thought about migrating my database & software to Ubuntu Linux on comparable hardware.
Would I get a boost in performance? And could this correct my “presence” problem? I can also request a faster PC with lost more RAM.
Ok, well let’‘s see what I can do. Here’'s my set up:
-Pentium 3 1GHz (Intel 815EEA mobo), 512MB RAM, 40GB Hard drive & 6GB hard drive (40GB holds OS & Database, 6GB is dedicated swap), Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Java Run Time 1.5.0_07, Wildfire 3.0.1 and MySQL 5.x. 80% of my clients are using Spark 1.1.4. I have a handful that use Psi or eXodus.
I tried a basic test when nobody was connected to the server. I connected two users and checked presense. It worked. However, as more and more users connect to the server it looks like the updates do not occur. People have to sign off & sign back in to get the updated contact list.
My original VM memory options were set to 175MB and Wildfire seemed to stay at ~80-95% memory usage & then all of a sudden clean itself up but would get back up there. I currently have it set to ~300MB. At the time of this posting, I have 43 users connected and memory usage for Wildfire is reported to be 136MB. The server has been online for ~13 days.
I don’‘t have a copy of VMWare to make a virtual machine. If you needed an image/machine, I could try to make one using something else. I don’‘t think the problem is client specific but I’‘m not quite sure what’'s happening.
I have the same problem. Running Redhat Enterprise 4 under VMWare authenticating against AD2003. Roster is populated upon login, but not updated after that. Server has one processor and 1GB of RAM assigned to it, but we are only testing with like 8 users.
Mine work just fine on LinuxPostgresLDAP, I upgraded to 3.1b2 (I wanted to play with the gateway plugin) and I am using the same config file from 3.0.1. The gateway plugin doesn’'t seem to play nice with LDAP, the developer is investigating, but that is not an issue… the thing is that now I started to get the same behaviour reported on the thread, so I will rollback to 3.0.1 tonight.