Content Filter Plugin Error

Hello,

I am configuring the Content Filter plugin in OpenFire to report inappropriate language in messages to the administrator. Here are my settings:

Filter:

Enabled

Patterns: fox,dog

On Content Match:

Reject

Rejection Notification:

Enabled

Message rejected and reported. This is an automated server response

Content Match Notification:

Enabled

Username: admin@openfire

x Notify by IM.

x Include original packet

So, when I test out my settings by using one of the trigger words (fox or dog), the OpenFire server application goes nuts. I have included what comes up as an attachment to this message. Can anyone help me so that this plugin works properly?

You probably have figured this out. on the “Content Match Notification” DESELECT either IM or include orginal packet. These options are Mutally Exclusive and should not be active at the same time.

When both active this creates an infanite loop - plugin doesn’t YET have any user exclusion.

e.g. You type ‘fox’ in IM. this triggers content match notification event with the matched content ‘fox’, because you have enabled send via IM and include original packet… you’d get an IM saying "…original content: fox this triggers content match notification event with the matched content ‘fox’ because you have enabled send via IM and include original packet… you’d get an IM saying "…original content: fox, and so on.

savvy?