[Content Filter Plugin] - rejection notification sends out duplicated notification

Dear Support,

When a packet matches it sends out notifications to the user as described below. However, the notifications received by that user are redundant, even if the message is sent only once.

See related logs here;

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.interceptPacket(ContentFil terPlugin.java:528)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:239) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.MessageRouter.route(MessageRouter.java:94) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotificationI M(ContentFilterPlugin.java:632) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotification( ContentFilterPlugin.java:614) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.interceptPacket(ContentFil terPlugin.java:528) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:239) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotificationI M(ContentFilterPlugin.java:632) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotification( ContentFilterPlugin.java:614) 

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContentFilterPlugin.sendViolationNotification(ContentFilterPlugin.java:614)

Sorry, I intend to hide the server address & user.

Thank you.

I have briefly tested this and for me it only sends one notification to selected user. Not sure why it sends multiple messages in your case.

Hi wroot,

I got the same results even on a newly installed Windows server 2008 R2 and only content filter is installed.

these are my settings;

thanks.

I didn’t have “Include original packet” enabled. Now i can reproduce this. Filed as OF-1047 Content Filter filters a notification to admin with the original packet included - Jive Software Open Source

But as the author of Content Filter plugin is not here for a long time, i don’t know when it would be fixed (unless some of the Openfire guys look into it). So far your workaround would be to disable including original packet.

I’ll try that. Thanks a lot wroot. More power to you!