Conversation Logging and Caching

We are considering deploying this within our company and I’m not seeing much info on what Openfire logs and or caches. What I would like to know is what it stores as far as IMs, Chat rooms and conferences.

Does it store it in the database or does it just cache this information for a specific amount of time? Is there a way to turn on/off logging if it does store that information inside a database?

If it does log the conversations is there a place within the admin page it can be viewed?

Does Spark cache anything locally?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated or if you could just point me in the correct direction.

Openfire can have readable logs via the Monitoring Service plugin, It provides a nice GUI for the logs. Stored in database.

Spark can have its own history as well. Flat files.

Does it store it in the database or does it just cache this information for a specific amount of time?

Openfire stores persistent data in the database to be able to access it after a shutdown. Created accounts, rosters and rooms are therefore stored in the database. Chat messages and presence information is not stored in the database.

Is there a way to turn on/off logging if it does store that information inside a database?

If it does log the conversations is there a place within the admin page it can be viewed?

There are plugins available to log chat messages, online users, … and they can usually be used to display the logged information.

Does Spark cache anything locally?

Yes, chat logs and roster images. One can disable to store chat logs within Spark.

LG