Convert from embedded db to MySQL

Hello,

Easy one here…

Is there a good way to convert all users (and whatever else needed) from the embedded db to MySQL? If we cannot create users from the AC, should that option be turned off if we are using an external db?

I know I can do an export to .XML file but that really doesn’'t create a .sql to be used by the MySQL script run.

I’‘m sure it’'s something easy…

P.S. I’‘m not a MySQL guru so if you get too complicated I’'ll have to yell at wroot

I’'m trying to use MySQL for testing the 2.3.x beta. Our prod instance is still running embedded.

Thanks!

oink

Hey Michael,

I would use the userImportExport plugin to export the users from your existing (embedded) installation, setup your new installation with MySQL and then use the plugin to import the users.

Thanks,

Ryan

Shouldn’'t this work?

Embedded-DB -> Export Plugin -> XML -> Export Plugin -> MySQL

You can start yelling:) In other words, have you tried setting up JM with clean MySQL (mm… some scheme is needed i think?) and then do an import of XML with UserImportExport plugin?

I would use the userImportExport plugin to export the

users from your existing (embedded) installation,

setup your new installation with MySQL and then use

the plugin to import the users.

Ok. That would be in English

Ok. That would be in English

Arrows work well too.

I would try but the plugins hate me for some reason on 2.3.x…

Tried downloading them and putting in plugins folder… and even restarting the machine after that and can’'t see any plugins

Wheee… that’'s from the “new plugins, please visit” page…

More fun…

Tried downloading them and putting in plugins

folder… and even restarting the machine after that

and can’'t see any plugins

Are they not showing up in the plugin list (Server → Server Manager → Plugins) or are you not seeing their configuration pages in the Admin Console?

Thanks,

Ryan

Are they not showing up in the plugin list (Server → Server Manager → Plugins) or are >>you not seeing their configuration pages in the Admin Console?

Server –

Server Manager –

Plugins –

“No plugins installed” even though i have them within the plugins subdirectory and restarted.