Correlating Jabberd2 tables to Wildfire tables

Ok, I read the user importexport plugin read me. I see the schema needed, I even understand some of this (which is dreadfully scarey). The biggest issue I am having is, my jabberd2 database tables do not have things like password, creation date, etc in them, also I do not know which table to use for importation. I can probably hammer out some sort of !sh script to format everything, but I would hate to do this and then not have all of the info and not get it imported. Also, This question might negate this issue as well… If I am installing Wildfire on the same server,same name … is there really any need in moving the rosters to begin with, or will the clients hold that info, and then continue on as normal? After all of this testing and working at making this happen, I wished it would start getting easier and not harder to migrate… currently I have the 3300 user table, it contains over 600K lines in Jabberd2 of their contacts(roster) items.

Jeff

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

Hi Jeff,

maybe you should ask this question in the jabberd2 forum/mailing list like “I want to migrate form Wifi to jabberd2”. You know the Wifi database-guide.html document, but it seems to be very hard to get something similar for jabberd2.

Does jabberd2 use LDAP or something else for authentication? This would explain why you see no passwords.

The rosters are stored on the server and not on the client, unless you don’'t call yourself BOFH you should migrate all rosters.

LG

Yeah, that would explain the password issue, I am using LDAP on that server for authentication. Already tried the Jabber mail listing. no answer as of Friday. ns.

Jeff

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

ok, so been working on this database thing all week. sifting through all of the records, not done yet, but wanted to look at the xml schema needed by wildfire. I see in the schema that there are tags for password, creation date, etc etc etc. What if I am only importing users’’ rosters and groups. Will it matter that these areas are not present or at best blank? as an example, would this be alright to attempt an import:

And what about the roster groups people have already created from the old instance that I have to bring in?

Jeff…

anyone have an idea on this one?

Can anyone please point me in the right direction on this one. No one on the Jabber mailing list has answered any questions regarding this problem. If you can’‘t import information out of the database from a pre-existing installation of Jabberd2 to Wildfire then what is the USE??? I have 8 days until I do this upgrade. If I can’'t format the data correctly from the Jabber postgresql database to the wildfire schema template for import then the upgrade will not happen, I am stuck with another year of a broken jabberd installation, and the microsoft garbage will come into being. Anyone have any idea on this one??? I need something.

Jeff

I have 8 days until I do

this upgrade. If I can’'t format the data correctly

from the Jabber postgresql database to the wildfire

schema template for import then the upgrade will not

happen, I am stuck with another year of a broken

jabberd installation, and the microsoft garbage will

come into being. Anyone have any idea on this one???

I need something.

Microsoft do not support XMPP, you better choose something from next lists:

http://www.jabber.org/admin/jsc/

http://www.jabber.org/software/servers.shtml

Hi Jeff,

Sorry I missed your original post.

Import:

The xml import snippet you posted above will work if you remove the "@myserver.mycompany.com" from the element, so it should just be “jeff_garner”. However, is sally’'s account (sally@localhost) on the same server as jeff_garner? If so, her jid is "sally@myserver.mycompany.com".

Password:

I did a bit of digging and it appears that when using MySQL jabberd2 stores the users data in a table called “authreg”. I don’‘t have jabberd2/MySQL installed so I can’'t verify this information but you might want to start by looking there. Worse case, you could always just set eveyone with a default password, or set it to be their username and just have them change it after you move to Wildfire.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Sorry, the Sally account was an example. I am only importing the jids for this instance so all are @myserver.mycompany.com. I am not using MySQL, I actually use Postgresql, but am authenticating against LDAP, so the username is really only for reference I think…

I guess my biggest issue is trying to figure out how to get this all in the format. Do Spaces matter in all of the formatting? If not then I can take a csv file and add columns to it and put in static data. Oh yeah, BTW thanks. Making me feel a little less manic this morning.

Hi Jeff,

No, spacing does not matter, you could have the entire “file” on a single line if you wanted.

Cheers,

Ryan