Could not log in using spark

hi,

I installed openfire Openfire 3.6.0 in Ubuntu linux and is using spark 2.5.8

I did not changed anything on the admin console and leave everything to the default settings. I noticed that when I create a new account using the spark client, it will log the new account to openfire. the problem is when I go to the users/groups page in the admin list, the newly created account is NOT listed there.

Another problem is when I manually create a user using the users/groups page, use the log-in credentials in spark, it will only show invalid username or password. smack debug window shows the following error attached to this post.

Did I missed something in the admin console? Any help wiill be much apprerciated.

This is not normal. Debug log doesnt say much to me. Are you using the default embedded-db? Are you launching Spark on the same machine, connecting to localhost? What do you put on the login screen of Spark in the username/server fileds?

This is not normal. Debug log doesnt say much to me. Are you using the default embedded-db? Are you launching Spark on the same machine, connecting to localhost? What do you put on the login screen of Spark in the username/server fileds?

im using mysql5.0.51a-3ubuntu5 for the database.

im launching spark on a remote machine and connecting using the name of the server

i only put the username i created using the admin console.

any help?

Hi,

are you using the “hostname” or the “xmpp.domain” of Openfire within Spark?

LG

under system properties, xmpp.domain is equal to the name of the server where openfire is installed.

i dont see any “hostname” entry in system properties. thanks in advance

You can see Host Name on the first Admin Console page (Environment). Hostname would be the same as you machine name. So your hostname is say “openfire”. And your xmpp.domain is “openfire” too? And you are putting “openfire” in the Server field in your Spark login form? What about trying its IP address instead?

thanks for the prompt reply…

yes the host name is the same with xmpp.domain value. yes i put the name of the server to spark client… it could even create a log in or account when i use the new account in spark but the problem is it will not show the newly created account in the users/group page in the admin console…

i also tried creating an account under users/group page but when i put the credentials in spark, i get username/password error…

any ideas, suggestions?

This issue is too strange. Maybe you can also put here Openfire error.log content (clear it and put here what you get while trying to login).