Create sub-groups in Openfire?

Hello Peoples!

I need to create sub groups, as in the example below, there is possibility?

• Administrative Group

• Financial Group

• User1

• User2

• User3

• Technical Group

• Engineering Group

• User1

• User2

• User3

Thanks

Orlandinei Vujanski
Tecnologia da Informação - Administrador de Redes
Porto de Cima Adm. Part. e Serv. S/A - Grupo J.Malucelli

(41) 3351-5587

www.jmalucelli.com.br

Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Comunicações pela Internet não podem ser garantidas quanto à segurança ou inexistência de erros, ou contendo vírus. O remetente por esta razão não aceita responsabilidade por qualquer erro ou omissão no contexto da mensagem decorrente da transmissão via Internet.

This E-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return E-mail. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.

I await help!

This is called group nesting. Usually that depends on the client. What client do you use? Spark? For Spark you need to set group’s sharing name like

Administrative Group :: Financial Group

to have it looking like Financial Group is a child of Administrative Group.

But i must warn you, that you will face numerous bugs with nested groups handling in Spark. So, if you need nesting, i suggest using other client. Exodus handles this better. And for Exodus you must use “/” sign instead of " :: " to create nested group. This is by default. You can also change this sign in Exodus in settings.

Spark related bugs:

SPARK-709

SPARK-1095

Yes it is possible, you simply create the groups in AD and then points in Openfire these groups.

Pt-BR

Sim é possivel, simplismente você cria os grupos no AD e depois aponta no Openfire estes grupos.