Creating Rosters

Hi Mario,

Which version of Messenger are you using? What is the url that Messenger is trying to go to when you click on page 2? It should be something like http://example.com:9090/group-summary.jsp?start=15.

Thanks,

Ryan

Exactly.

I have an design issue here.

Jive do not use Id’'s to fill groupsProp table. So, for each group in my shared group it inserts its name in it.

So I have a problem here. Each group of mine have in its groupList, more than 400 groups.

So the propValue field (nvarchar 2000) in the database runs out of space.

Im changing it to ‘‘text’’ but I dont know if its going to work. (is it?)

As a suggestion to make jive better, I think you guys should normalize the database and use ID’'s…

What do you think?

Regards

Hello,

I’'ve changed my database to Oracle. Maybe now I can get around this issue? Could i use CLOBS? Is the jdbc driver ready for it?

Regards

Edit: The new Oracle XE. Just for Jive

Message was edited by:

marciorf

ryang, any new on this???

Regards

Hi Marcio,

I apologize, I’'ve been out of town so I missed your last couple of posts.

Since you’'re now using Oracle you could double the field size 4000, would that work for you?

Thanks,

Ryan

Unfortunately not

I need, really, a big field.

I have a lot of groups seeing each other. I would say, in some cases, more than 420 groups in one sharedGroup List.

That’‘s why I asked for ID’'s instead of pure text.

I changed the varchar field on SqlServer to TEXT. but it didn’'t worked.

I used OracleXE and didnt worked too.

After that I looked over the sql database scripts and saw that you use Text field for MySql.

So I will try to configure MySql as the text field accepts 65000+ chars.

I dont know if its enough for today, but if it is, in sometime I will need extra space

If jive server used relationship instead of names of groups, that wouldn’'t be a problem.

Or if it accepted CLOB on Oracle, or any other than varchar on others databases.

I really hope MySql works…

Regards