Custom database integration authentication fails

Okay, here’'s the deal, I am trying to set up Wildfire so it us an existing drupal database for authentication, I followed the guide in the documentation.

When I use the configuration I pasted below, the error log remains empty, BUT it isn’'t authenticating any users from the drupal database. When i uncomment the first tag (and comment the other) it does produce errors, but since I am no expert at all, i do not know what to do with it nor where to place that tag.

+(I do believe, logically, everything considering databases should be inside them, but you knever know)+

when I change the admin’'s password in drupal, i still have to log in using the password in the wildfire database…

Even more curious is the fact that the user “wildfire” is a user defined in the wildfire database, and isn’'t getting access to the admin panel either… markske, scratch, kater, are defined in the drupal database.

What am I doing wrong here? I’‘m looking into it for hours now, and i used to stumble from one error into the other… but now there are none, and still isn’'t working…

I apreaciate the help (I was able to correct all other errors using this forum )!

System info

Operating system: Gentoo Linux

mysql: 5

JRE: 1.5

wildfire: 3.1.1

plug-ins used: none

My wildfire.xml:

content of error.log when first is uncommented and the other isn’'t

2007.01.07 21:45:34 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider.(XMPPServer.java:147)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:93)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:49)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.ja va:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

Message was edited by: scratch

Hi,

as it is an XML file it matters what’‘s in and what’'s outside. The documentation reads

<jive>
  <jdbcProvider>
    <driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
    <connectionString>jdbc:mysql://localhost/dbname?user=username&amp;password=secret</connectionString>
  </jdbcProvider>
   <provider>
    <auth>
      <className>org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.JDBCAuthProvider</className>
    </auth>
    <user>
      <className>org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.JDBCUserProvider</className>
    </user>
  </provider>
  <jdbcAuthProvider>
     <passwordSQL>SELECT password FROM user_account WHERE username=?</passwordSQL>
     <passwordType>plain</passwordType>
  </jdbcAuthProvider>
  <jdbcUserProvider>
     <loadUserSQL>SELECT name,email FROM myUser WHERE username=?</loadUserSQL>
     <userCountSQL>SELECT COUNT(*) FROM myUser</userCountSQL>
     <allUsersSQL>SELECT username FROM myUser</allUsersSQL>
     <searchSQL>SELECT username FROM myUser WHERE</searchSQL>
     <usernameField>username</usernameField>
     <nameField>name</nameField>
     <emailField>email</emailField>
  </jdbcUserProvider>
   ... </jive>

so these sections must not be within the database tag.

LG

Thanks for clearing that out, but then… what do the errors mean? can i fix it?

Hi,

you should not get the error you did post above as then the provider is not null.

Is it possible for you to stop Wildfire, delete all log files and start it again?

LG