Custom database integration - realtime lookups?

Hi,

I have been able to integrated the authentication, users and groups with my custom users database. The users, groups and authentication appears and works as expected - although I have to make some slight changes from what was shown in the the guide at:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/db-integ ration-guide.html

The SQL statements provide has used “FORM” instead of “FROM”!

Anyways, I notice that the SQL lookups are not dynamic. They only seem to be executed on service startup. For example my loadMembers query is, :

<loadMembersSQL>SELECT username FROM users WHERE alliance=? AND member=‘true’ AND enable=‘true’</loadMembersSQL>

Thus, if the enable field is true then the account should be enabled. However, if you make this change while openfire is running then the changes will not be applied - sine the lookups do not seem to be not realtime (or semi-relatime).

Can somebody confirm that these SQL lookups are not realtime and whether there is a setting to make realtime/dynamic lookups with the custom database integration?

Regards,

Mon

It looks like the lookips are performed periodically. I haven’t figured out yet what this default time period is.

It would be nice to be able to confugure the time period to suit your needs.

Can somebody tell me what/where the settings are to configure this, if any at all?

Cheers,

Mon