Custom "roster manager"?

Hi! I need to integrate Openfire with our intranet. I’ve seen the “AuthProvider” interface to do the authentication (I’ll develop a custom autenticator or use the jdbc autenticator, don’t know yet).

What I need now is to get the contacts of each user from my DB, can I do that? I need something like that so I can switch from Jabberd2 to openfire!

Thanks in advance!

Horacio

Hi Horacio,

do you want to keep the existing Jabberd2 database or do you want to export your contacts with rosters and import them in the Openfire database. Some users did migrate successfully form Jabberd2 to Openfire so I guess that there is a way, it may help to search the forum.

LG

Hi! I don’t want to migrate… We already have a database with the users in our intranet, and since Jabberd2 needs its own database, I have to duplicate the users and keep in sync the users tables (in our intranet and the Jabberd tables). I want to avoid that. I’m searching for a xmpp server that makes possible to (a) make a custom authenticator, (b) make a custom components that builds the users contacts list and “groups”.

I know that (a) can be done with Openfire, so, the question is, is there a easy way to do (b)? If not, should be difficult to change Openfire to do (b)?

Thanks!!!

Horacio

What db is used for your intranet? Maybe this is AD/LDAP thing? Openfire can be integrated with LDAP and such things. But if you are using something custom and want your intranet system and openfire to use the same db, this could be hard to achieve and unrecommended.

Hi Horacio,

A guide to integrating Openfire authentication, user, and group data with a custom database should be the right document for you.

It does not offer a roster (“users contacts list”) integration and I wonder if you really want to manage this centrally which may be a lot of work or leave this for the users. Custom Rosters Providers are currently not supported but I guess that one could allow this very easily.

LG