Customer Service

How can I install sparkweb on the website of my company for my clients to ask questions anonymously Customer Service?

Seriously, did you even search the community before you posted? Have you tried it? What errors are you getting? What specifically do you need to know? This question is so vague it might as well be I want to go on vacation how do I get there. You provided no information with regards to server OS, Network Config, etc. There is no way to provide help with out details of the environment and errors you may be getting.

SparkWeb document:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1553

FastPath Local Users Guide:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1528

FastPath LDAP Guide:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1529

Todd must be annoyed because he’s posted links to those documents many many times and the forums are littered with them…

The frequency with which this question arises, is a clear indicator that the documentation is hard to find.Newbies are not accustomed to searching for documentation in a forum.

It would be nice if those documents would be published with the main spark and sparkweb documentation in a more prominent and easy to find location. I remember how long it took me to locate and study up on fastpath and webchat.

Thanks Mattew,

I’m new at this. FastPath is what I was looking for.

I’m trying to implement an IM system in my small business in Spain. My knowledge of computers are small (I am the owner of a hotel). Commercial solutions are very expensive and Openfire is perfect.

Tood Sorry, I’m Spanish and my English is not very good, I think I have not explained well.

In that case, I would recommend finding someone to help you out. A good place to look is your local universities. Find a college student studying information technology and recruit him/her to research an OpenFire / Spark / FastPath solution for you and setup a test. Then once it’s working, move it into a production environment hosted by your web host.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to assist you as it will take quite a bit of work to set things up.

stottm wrote:

It would be nice if those documents would be published with the main spark and sparkweb documentation in a more prominent and easy to find location. I remember how long it took me to locate and study up on fastpath and webchat.

You see. It’s a communty driven project and community members are creating wiki docs and manuals themselves in the same place they do discussions. This is just the way it is here. We, community members, dont have access to the other site parts, so we cant add anything to the main project page. And this would be a bit hard to constantly add new documents to that static page for a webmaster. Every space in forums has its discussion, blogs and documents blocks, so all documents can be easily find in one place. It’s a matter of time for any newbie to learn how to use new system. This applies to any system/forum, imho.