Customization of spark

Take some sleep, there is no hurry

I have commented on your PR about some missing part.

As about hide and open menus, this still feels strange. I think default.properties are more about restricting some options and not about removing redundant GUI elements. One may want to remove status menu, but still have open/hide menus for not so advanced users.

I see that still having presence showing in the window might be comforting for users (to see that they are online) and maybe useful when server is offline (will show the offline bubble). But it also might be confusing, if that menu is not clickable. Although i havenā€™t tested that yet. If it hides the dropdown triangle, then it probably is ok.

Hi Wroot,

Initially, I did have all 8 settings in the Default.java file. However, I noticed that 6 of them were not required for the program to work so thatā€™s why I removed them. In fact, I noticed other settings missing from that file while still being referenced elsewhere. So I thought it wasnā€™t necessary. I can put them all in if that is your preference.

Regarding ā€œHide/Openā€ option in system tray icon - I can remove that setting if you feel more comfortable without it. As far as the presence status bar - I will see if I can get rid of the dropdown box and make it in-clickable if that setting is used.

Thanks,

Michael

Thatā€™s strange, will have to test that myself.

I have merged the PR and added a few comments here https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1822

Btw, the current testing build with these changes is available here Ignite Realtime: Spark Nightly Builds

This patch will be included in 2.8.2, which will be released at some point in November.

Btw, it looks that both

HIDE_LOGIN_AS_INVISIBLE

MAINT_FILESPEC

also work just fine without adding the to Default.java file. Iā€™m not sure why default.java is needed in this case (maybe not at all). But iā€™m not a developer to tell that. Maybe it was required in older versions of Spark and after the recent changes to the code it is able to find those settings in the default.properties file alone.

Hi Wroot,

I added my comments here: https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1822

Not sure if you are getting notifications from JIRA, but i have added a reply there

Hi Wroot,

I submitted a new PR #234 with fixes for the issues you brought to my attention. Thanks again for all your help!