Customize vcard popup windows in Spark

Hi

I use Spark 2.6.3 and OpenFire 3.7.1

If i select Contact’ Profile (Right mouse on Contact -> View Profile), i can see Contact’s mobile and phone numbers.

If i hover my mouse the contact, the vcard popup comes up.

In this vcard popup window i can see some information from contact’s profile - Avatar, Name, Status, Title and E-Mail (see attach).

Can i customize vcard popup window in order to see Contact’s phone number, for example?

Thanks.

does the other user have than information already filled in? Spark --> Edit Profile

Yes, he has.

All information are filled from Active Directiory.

If other user does “Spark -> Edit my Profile”, he can see phone and cell phone on “Business” tab in “Profile information” window

Also if i “Right mouse -> View Profile” on that user in my Spark, i can see his work phone and cell phone.

But no phones in vcard popup window.

There was the same question over 4 years ago - http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/191638#191638

But without any answer.

No, there is no option to customize that popup (other than editing the source and compiling your own Spark version).

It may be trivial to add more details to that popout.

Filed this as: SPARK-1571

Thank you.

Hope developers will succeed.

Hi everyone,

I hope it’s ok if I add something to this 1.5 yr old thread. I would be very interested in that feature. For me this would not have to be configurable, simply adding the phone number and maybe the email address would be more than perfect. The way it is right now is that the popout is basicaly empty, showing only the avatar and a description.

I understand that this feature request is low priority and you guys have probably more important stuff to do but I am simply no coder so I couldn’t add this even if my life depended on it, let alone build the binaries.

So what do I have to do to convince you to add some more info to the popout? Heck I’ll even donate a little something to the project or an item from a developers Amazon wishlist.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

I have added a work phone number to that popup (right after the job title). Of course, to see a number of a contact, that contact has to put his number into his profile and then his vcard profile info has to update on your end. It updates after a few chat window reopening with that contact (or maybe on some timer as well, i don’t know). You can also go into contact’s full profile and press Refresh.

I haven’t added email as this popup is already getting too crowdy (avatar, nickname, status, idle state, title, phone, JID) and email is usually obvious already (like name@company.com) or even same as JID.

You can try this change in the latest nightly build (704) Ignite Realtime: Spark Nightly Builds

This change will be included in 2.7.3 version, when it will be released.

Thanks so much… I’ll give it a shot soon!