Customizing Jive Messenger

Hello World!

I am new to Jive Messenger and wanted to use it to develop an application that utilizes Jive’'s server features, but I want to create my own front end to the Admin Console. I was in need for answers to two questions to do that:

1. Is it possible to install jive and then enter the settings to the server so that the user doesn’'t have to “setup” the server the first time the “Launch Admin” button is pressed?

2. I have an ASP .NET application that creates my own Admin Console. But, when I add users and groups I have having a problem. I looked into how the Jive Messenger creates groups and users and made the exact same changes to the database tables (jiveuser, jivegroupuser, etc). When creating users and groups for the first time (prior to any user logging on) everything works fine. However, when I create additional users (after some users have created accounts), I cannot get the original users to see the new users. ANY IDEAS???

PLEASE HELP.

Thx

1. Is it possible to install jive and then enter the

settings to the server so that the user doesn’'t have

to “setup” the server the first time the "Launch

Admin" button is pressed?

Definitely. You just need to configure the jive-messenger.xml file with the correct settings and then make sure that file contains a true element to skip the setup process.

1. I have an ASP .NET application that creates my own

Admin Console. But, when I add users and groups I

have having a problem. I looked into how the Jive

Messenger creates groups and users and made the exact

same changes to the database tables (jiveuser,

jivegroupuser, etc). When creating users and groups

for the first time (prior to any user logging on)

everything works fine. However, when I create

additional users (after some users have created

accounts), I cannot get the original users to see the

new users. ANY IDEAS???

You probably need to restart the app to refresh the caches. That will most likely let you see the new users.

Regards,

Matt

I am trying to do something a lot like the original poster. What I have found out is that when I re-start the server it logs everyone out. Is there any way to refresh the caches without a server restart?

Message was edited by:

gilman_sean

gilman_sean,

No, this is not currently possible. The plan is to support creating and admin of users through ad-hoc commands in a future build. That should solve this problem since you’'d no longer need to edit the db directly.

-Matt