Daily build recieves groupchat messages twice

I believe the latest daily build (for today, the 13th) is either receiving groupchat messages twice, or is passing the message to the listener twice.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam

I don’'t find the issue with the 13th build, and I have tried out with JBother.

Am I missing something here ?

-Rajesh

I found the anomaly…

I left my jabber client on at home in the following rooms:

jdev@conference.jabber.org

jabber@conference.jabber.org

thevillage@conference.sucs.org

Now that I am at work, if I join any of these rooms with the same jabber ID that is already logged in at home, I get messages from this room twice. I would imagine the client at home sees the same thing.

If I join any other room, it’'s ok.

I’‘m guessing this is to-be-expected behavior - I suppose I’'ll have to check to see if the messages coming in are actually addressed to my resource.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam Olsen

Hi,

It would help to see the raw XML being passed from the Smack debug window as well (to verify if there are double messages on the stream or a single message coming in is triggering your code twice).

-iain

Here’'s what I get in the debug window:

<message type=''groupchat'' to=''synic@amessage.be/laptop'' id=''tS9qB-80'' from=''jdev@conference.jabber.org/synic|test''><body>t</body></message>
<message type=''groupchat'' to=''synic@amessage.be/home'' id=''tS9qB-80'' from=''jdev@conference.jabber.org/synic|test''>
<body>t</body></message>

Thanks,

Adam Olsen

Hmm, this looks like it’‘s actually a server bug. the packets are addressed to two different nodes (your laptop and home resources) and each message should only be delivered to the correct node, not both messages to both nodes. The behavior is also consistent with one client getting disconnected so that it’‘s messages are automatically being rerouted to the one node for the same user account that’'s still attached. Could that be happening?

-iain

I’'m sure the other is not disconnected, so it must be a server error?

Adam

That would be my guess. I hope the server you’'re testing against is not Messenger. You should probably contact the server author to see if they can find out why the server is delivering packets to the wrong node.

-iain