Data-Transfer

Hy @ all,

I just have got one smart little question:

When I allow my users of the server to transfer files and so on: Are those files being transferred peer to peer or are they transferred by using my server (is it my bandwith which will be used too)?

Best Regards

Jan

Hi Jan,

Spark does support IBB, so it may use your bandwidth and server. Usually clients try to use a p2p connection but because of firewalls / routers this is not always possible. If both client supports IBB then they’'ll use it if p2p did fail.

You probably did also see the file-transfer-proxy.jsp page, Spark also supports to use a proxy, if you enable it it will also be your bandwidth which is used.

I’'m not sure if one can disable IBB on server side.

LG

Hy it2000,

I have got another question:

When I use a dns server, is this dns server always used to send chat data or does the spark client just get the dns information (in this cas my ip) and form then on only uses my ip?

LG

Jan

Hi Jan,

a DNS usually returns the IP address for a server name. So the clients will lookup your IP address is they want to connect and hopefully they do this also if they want to reconnect. If your IP address is changeing every 24 hours it’‘s a good idea to do the IP change at 5:00 o’'clock as there you may have no connected clients.

The DNS server has nothing to do with transfered data.

LG