Database Type

Hello, I’ve been using OpenFire with the embedded database. I’d like to try out the clustering ability of OpenFire. What do I need to do to convert my database to an External db?

Hi,

you could setup HSQLDB as an external database, so you would not need to convert anything. To do this you may want to stop Openfire and move the folder named database into another directory and run there something like

java -cp /PATH_TO/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.0 database/openfire -dbname.0 openfire

This should start the database in foreground.

Change then database section in conf/openfire.xml to look like

<database>
    <defaultProvider>
      <driver>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</driver>
      <serverURL>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/openfire</serverURL>
      <username>SA</username>
      <password></password>
      <minConnections>5</minConnections>
      <maxConnections>15</maxConnections>
      <connectionTimeout>1.0</connectionTimeout>
    </defaultProvider>
  </database>

After starting Openfire you should be able to login, and you should be able to activate the cluster.

LG

Pardon my density, but do I need to change anything in the java command? When I enter this:

java -cp /PATH_TO/hsqldb.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database.0 database/openfire -dbname.0 openfire

I get the following error:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hsqldb/Server

So I thought perhaps I need to change org.hsqldb.Server to my Openfire server, but that results in the same error only with the server name at the end instead of org/hsqldb/Server.

Again, I apologize for such base questions, but I’m not very advanced when it comes to working with Java and Open Source software.

Hi,

you must adjust “PATH_TO”, usually to /opt/openfire/lib/hsqldb.jar

Otherwise the hsqldb.jar will not be found resulting in this error.

LG

According to “http://wiki.netbeans.org/wiki/view/NB61PerfPlan” the final release date for NetBeans IDE 6.1 is april the 21th.

Oh wrong thread. Please delete this reply. Thanks!

What would need to be done in order to port this to MySQL? We already have production MySQL servers that we would like to move this to. I have absolutely no experience with HSQLDB, so not sure which direction to take to get the data ported. Thanks