DB Error after installing 4.3.2

I just upgrade our installation from 3.10.0 32 bit to 4.3.2 64 bit and copied all the files in the document from C:\Program Files(x86)\Openfire to C:\Program Files\Openfire and getting the following error

2019.02.08 14:44:06 org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer - java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; OFROSTER_PK table: OFROSTER
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; OFROSTER_PK table: OFROSTER
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:956) ~[xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:648) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:236) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_202]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_202]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_202]
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_202]
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_202]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:92) [startup.jar:4.3.2]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:56) [startup.jar:4.3.2]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_202]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_202]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_202]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_202]
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:85) [i4jruntime.jar:?]
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:94) [i4jruntime.jar:?]
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:25) [i4jruntime.jar:?]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; OFROSTER_PK table: OFROSTER
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager.java:156) ~[xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:946) ~[xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
… 16 more

Can anyone help with this issue

Which database server are you using? Do you find other errors regarding schema updates associated with the first start of Openfire?

I restored it back to the older version as no one was able to help. So this post can be marked as closed.

You were asked a question you haven’t replied to. But if it is ok with you, then fine :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Database connection error after the upgrade