Developing Openfire using IntelliJ

Hi all,

I’d like to contribute to Openfire and I’ve just starting using IntelliJ. Maybe because I’m new to IntelliJ but I can’t work out how to get the Openfire source code compiling as a module so that I can start some development. I know all the Jive guys are using IntelliJ, would someone mind posting a really really quick post on how you get up and running? I noticed all the intellij specific files are checked into svn…

Much appreciated

Michael

I’m afraid Jive guys are not often guests here to answer that. Unless someone else is using IntelliJ. You can try to ask in jive community forums. http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/index.jspa?showhomepage=true

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in helping out. As wroot said, I am not sure of any community members currently using IntelliJ for openfire development. Perhaps @lg is, but am not sure.

daryl

I think LG is rather using Eclipse

Thanks for all the replies. I think I’ve worked it out and if anyone is interested this is how I’ve done it. It’s probably not the most elegant solution but it works.

• Check out the source code into a directory (mine is openfire-3.6.4 as I’m using the live tag)
  • Choose File > New > Create Java Project from existing sources
  • Create a new directory for your project called Openfire, don’t worry about your source code yet
  • Now move your checked out directory (the whole) folder into this directory. When it asks you for the Java source directory add the src/java folder.
    Add the build.xml file to the Ant window and you can run and top Openfire to your heart’s content.
1 Like