Dial Option Missing after 2.5.0 beta 4

Using Windows XP, I’‘ve installed Spark 2.5.0 beta 4, 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 beta 1. Only in 2.5.0 beta 4 do I have a Dial option for anyone. The option comes up both with the handset icon in the chat window and when i right click on a user. I have also tested that it works, but when I upgrade (and even do a completely fresh install) to 2.5.0 or 2.5.1 beta 1 the ability to dial out disappears. i am still able to receive jingles but I have no way of dialing anyone. I’'ve tested this 3 times now and only 2.5.0 beta 4 works.

Any chance you are using MSI installs? Jingle dissapeared in 2.5.0 MSI installs. You can have it with Exe installs.

I have the same issue, and IIRC installed from the EXE.

Interestingly enough, my coworker installed Spark from the same install files and his Jingle support is fine!

Perhaps a mis-detection of audio capabilities or something (he was using a laptop and me a desktop so the differing hardware could have confused it?)

D

Further to my previous post - current behaviour, with me using 2.5.1:

• If the remote user is using anything but 2.5.1, I cannot call them (no dial option), though they can call me

• if they upgrade to 2.5.1 I still cannot call them until I log out of Spark and back in again. That’'s even though, getting their client version reports 2.5.1.

Very odd!

D

I thought that might be the issue but I’'ve tried both exe and msi installs to no avail.

This is a possibility since I am on a laptop. I will test on a desktop see what happens.