Disable client IP verification

Hi

Is it possible for openfire to not to verify the client’s ip address.

I am using 3 ISPs for net connectivity in my office. My users get logged off from spark whenever I change their ISP. Http and voip traffic do not get disturbed but spark gets logged of and users have to login again.

Can somebody provide any help

Thanks

Amit

Are you sure nothing else is affected by this? And how do you change ISP for computeres? Please give more information, now it’s hard to understand how are you doing this and what’s happening.

Hi Amit,

I really wonder which setup you have. If I understand you right your client(s) can use 3 different ISP’s to connect to your openfire server.

Changing the ISP gives your client(s) another IP address. That’s a problem for persistant connections (XMPP and big HTTP up- or downloads). Voice and normal HTTP use (nearly) stateless connections, so a switch to another IP address will likely not be noticed by the user.

You may want to test whether a big HTTP up- or download gets broken.

LG

Hi

Are you sure nothing else is affected by this?

Http gets affected but users refresh their pages when not getting response in time. So they don’t feel much problem.

You may want to test whether a big HTTP up- or download gets broken.

Yes big HTTP traffic get affected and sometimes users have to refresh the pages. File download get stopped and users have to start again. Logged in sessions of yahoo messenger also gets killed. Skype calls don’t get killed.

Amit

You will probably need some kind of VPN tunnel, so you can abstract from that ISP level. But I don’t know if such software does exist which would survive an change of IP address.