Disallow users publishing pictures

Is there a property on Openfire to disallow users publishing pictures?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Tyler,

while I’m not aware of such a property there are a few “vCard” plugins available:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1170 (not compatible with current Openfire version)

So if you have a Java coder somewhere it should be easy to write such a plugin.

Openfire is an XMPP compliant server. So 'block" operations which may confuse users are not implemented but one can write and use a plugin which supports this. It should not be used on public servers anyhow.

LG

The client control plugin can be set to not allow changes to the vCard/avatar info via spark.

Hi Todd,

this is as far as I can tell an option only for Spark clients. And I think one can still modify the vCard using Sparks ad hoc commands.

LG

Tested, and client control plugin only control picture publish on spark. I was looking for this feature on Psi.

Restric pictures/avatares is necessary at my scenario, where some pictures can be very inadequate on a corporate network.

Please keep us informed if there is any news on this.

If it is a corporate network then may I suggest using LDAP to populate the users to Openfire. LDAP by default does not allow the changing of user profile information via the client. You would need to specifically enable LDAP avatar override.