Disallow users to chat with eachother

Hello,

I’d like to use Openfire together with Candy-Chat for our callcenter. The main usage would be for Supervisors to chat with call agents. We do NOT want agents chatting with each other. I’ve been looking at all the settings but did not find a way how to set this up. Some help on this would be very much appreciated.

As far as i know, you can do it with the Packet Filter plugin.

Assign your two sets of users to two seperate groups, then using the packet filter plug in, you can tell it to reject packets from one group to the other. It’s pretty simple to set up.

Thanks for the quick responses. So i installed the packet filter plugin. Then i made two groups:

Agents

Supervisors

I made a rule to drop MUC Private Message packets from usergroup Agents to usergroup Agents.

I then logged in as an agent from the Agents usergroup via firefox and i logged as another agent from the same usergroup in Internet Explorer. But they were still able to send private chats to each other.

I even tested this by changint the packet type to Any. I also restarted the Openfire service but it didn’t make any difference. I’m guessing the packet filter plugin doesn’t expect a rule to apply from the same usergroup to another usergroup?

Edit: I just tested with a new rule that should drop Any packet from the Agents usergroup to the Supervisors usergroup but unfortunately this also isn’t working. I could send a private chat as an agent to a supervisor without problems. So the packet filter plugin isn’t working at all?

Have you tried it from one specific user to another one? maybe the plugin dosnt work when using groups?

Well, i spent about 3 hours trying to get it to work. I came close but in the end gave up.

It seems the plugin isn’t working correctly anymore. I found another topic about this very same issue:

And an issue:

http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-545?page=com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplu gin:crucible-issuepanel

After removing the packet filter plugin, installing the an old version, removing that again and installing the new version again and restarting Openfire i finally ended up with this ruleset:

1. Pass - From: supervisor@domain.com To Any Type: MUC Private Message

2. Pass - From: Any To: Supervisor Group Type: Any

3. Reject - From: Agent Group To: Any Type: Any

This worked so far that the Agents cannot send each other private chats and the supervisor CAN send chats to the agents BUT the agents CAN NOT send chats back to the supervisor.

If i change rule 3 to From Agent Group To: Agent Group they can send private chats to each other. It’s funny because this setup is even used in the documentation of the Packet Filter plugin (the simpsons example) but it’s not working. I messed a bit with the Presence type so i could make Agents invisible to eachother but that didn’t work.

Also it seems Reject/Drop rules precede Pass rules even if the Pass rules are higher up in the list order.

I’m using Openfire 3.8.0 and Packet Filter 3.0.1

Bumping this old topic again. Can someone fix the packet filter plugin?

Bump?