Disclaimer plugin

Hi, I’m looking for a plugin that allow to send a message to the users each time they start a conversation. I need it because we are logging the conversations.

I like this idea. There is no such plugin yet. You could use message of the day plugin and force the accounts to log off after a certain period of inactivity. This will cause the disclaimer to show each day.

Thanks for your answer, If I use the motd plugin the disclaimer appears in a different conversation, is there a way to get the disclaimer in the same window?

Best Regards.

Thanks for your answer, If I use the motd plugin the disclaimer appears in a different conversation, is there a way to get the disclaimer in the same window?
Yes, you could fake a message from the contact your are chatting to. However, this would look like your contact had wrote that disclaimer.

Forcing logouts it not a good way I would say. Maybe it is better to maintain a big map (HashMap<String, ArrayList>) who is talking to whom. When a client session is closed or you intercept and coversation end message, you remove the contact pair from that map. Each time you intercept an message, simply check if that contact pair is in your map, if not send your disclaimer.

Message was edited by: Coolcat

And, you’d also have to add some “intelligence” to the plugin similar to what is in the monitoring plugin to determine when a new conversation has started.

Cheers,

Ryan