District Messenger 2.5 is out now

Ok. Sorry, if my posting sounds rough or like slamming. Internet cant show the intonation people are speaking with. So we all imagine it (sometimes emoticons helps a little) But this is offtop.

I just want to know why. Because. Because he’‘s(or she) proposing/advertising this client not for a first time here at JiveForums. I dont really see a purpose of re-branded software. Maybe only for some community, company, for fun? But why should we(and me) need re-branded Pandion? I’‘m not a member of some District community, nor i like the name (Pandion sounds better for me). So i’‘m looking for some unique features it may have, or maybe for explanation of this. And if i look at DM page i only see text copied from Pandions page. Not sure if re-branding let this. Even if it does. From my own point of view such copying of other people’‘s work is “not nice”. That’'s IMHO.

I would suggest to write own description of District Messenger. If he cant write in English so why dont use his native language. And maybe translate or write by himself whole Pandion interface, maybe help or documentation. That will make sense of re-branding, to make localized version of Pandion.

he are fixing it soon

To follow up on wroot’‘s point, by branding, or really branching, Pandion you’‘re more likely to create a disservice to the original project. As updates are released, they’‘ll have to be incorporated into District. If it’'s a security vulnerability, those using District will be at risk longer than those with Pandion.

Wroot and the authors of Pandion have a very valid question which has not been answered: what are the purposed improvements to Pandion that warrant a branch? A bullet point list would be nice.

Noah

ok mm i got to fixs that