DNS look up error

Hi ,

I have two server with openfire installed on them . tradein a component(plugin) on server1 is trying to communicate with tradeout component on server2.

I added the domain name of server1 and server2 in dns.

But when I remove the dns mapping of entries tradein.server1 and tradeout.server2 in /etc/hosts , I get a DNS look up error.

org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSessi on(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)

] Error trying to connect to remote server: tradein.server1(DNS lookup: tradein.server1:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: tradein.server1

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is there a way to resolve DNS without component(plugin) name.

I don’t think that this is possible. Why you do not want to create DNS or host file entries for your plugins.

I am not trying to create a DNS . When doing a server to server connection I get an error for DNS look up . When added the complete component JID to IP address mapping hosts it works, else it throws a DNS look up error