Do contacts appear grey if not in your group?

<v2.2.0beta>

Hello all again!

Well, I decided to start playing the groups game. It’'s quite fun.

I have (just an example, I used real names in real life):

Group1 - user A, user B, user C

Group2 - user D, user E, user F

I am letting Group1 see Group2 and Group2 see Group1. The people appear “grey” or not quite online. Is this normal?

If I put user F into Group1, then user F has no problem seeing Group1 members as all online.

What am I missing?

Easy one ya?

Thanks!

I am letting Group1 see Group2 and Group2 see Group1.

The people appear “grey” or not quite online. Is

this normal?

could you tell us which “Show group …” option are you using in Group Settings to achieve that?

I am letting Group1 see Group2 and Group2 see Group1.

The people appear “grey” or not quite online. Is

this normal?

could you tell us which “Show group …” option are you using in Group Settings to >achieve that?

Anything for you wroot!

Anyway, in AC, User/Groups, Groups, Group Summary,

under Oldies (group1 - our exemployees who still want to contact us) it is

o - Enable Sharing Group in Rosters

o - Show group to members’’ rosters of these groups:

Oldies and SR are highlighted

under SR (group2) it is

o - Enable Sharing Group in Rosters

o - Show group to members’’ rosters of these groups:

Oldies and SR are highlighted

I ended up putting the 2 people in one group but that just doesn’‘t work for me. Client is Miranda (Jabber plugin). Don’‘t ask these people to switch clients. It’'d be like pulling teeth.

Does doing it this way populate the roster but still enforce doing a separate “authorization” both ways? I mean, would each individual still have to authorize each other?

wheee…

hm… this should work fine. I have few groups setup like this at work. And all contacts are visible, online, and no authorisation is requested. That’'s with Exodus. Havent tested this feature with Miranda.

Hmmm, goofy!

Anyway, I’'m stuck

Wonder what happens if I pull the group itself out of itself. e.g. don’'t put SR in the SR group… that would be funky…

Wonder what happens if I pull the group itself out of

itself. e.g. don’'t put SR in the SR group… that

would be funky…

this was the first thought coming to my mind, but i think i’'m putting all my groups to themselfs and it works.

Well, isn’'t this just odd.

I had group1 with allowing group1/group2 to see it.

I had group2 with allowing group1/group2 to see it.

I created 2 users and they saw each other fine.

I then changed group1 to allow only group2 to see it.

I then changed group2 to allow only group1 to see it.

The 2 users still saw each other fine.

Then, I went to my REAL groups and did the same thing. Now the one person that was complaining says the girl she wanted to see is now appearing online.

Odd Odd Odd… but that’'s us!

Yeah…

Now lets hope this isnt gonna be just a dialogue here

Hey guys,

Thanks for the detailed input. I will try to reproduce the problem with that info and let you know what I found.

Thanks,

– Gato

Thanks for the detailed input. I will try to reproduce the problem with that info and let you know what I found.

I don’‘t know if it’'s a problem for all. Seems it was just my problem. But if not including the group itself is all it takes then so be it!

Oops! I missing the chat! Dang!