Does Openfire do QoS (Quality of Service)?

Hi to all.

I would like to know if Openfire can do Quality of Service.

I ask it because I need to mark the packets that arrive from a clients that are logged on Openfire server.

Clients and server are on same computer.

example:

packets from client 1 thats work on port 5000 -> mark 1

packets from client 2 thats work on port 5001 -> mark 2

Do you know if exists an plugin for do this or Openfire let to do this?

Do you understand my problem?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Crystal

Nobody can help me?

Thank you.

Do you know if exists an plugin for do this or Openfire let to do this?
Don’t think so.

Do you understand my problem?
Not fully.

I agree with Coolcat…

What goals are you trying to accomplish? Message packets are small and don’t really have large streams of data to which you want to prioritize one over another.

Most QOS of applications would normally be done on the network level. i.e. have the network apply QOS rules and prioritize different applications like email, http, xmpp/jabber, ssl connections or protocols above bit torrent or youtube flash etc.

If you want to mark packets for routing or something like that, the Content Filter plugin or the new Raptor traffic control plugin I just saw might help.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1644

Well. I dont quite understand how filtering plugins can do routing. They won’t put a packet into a queue, just filter out or let it through. Maybe i miss something about the Raptor. It has more features and filter profiles, but routing…?

Well. I dont quite understand how filtering plugins can do routing.
They won’t put a packet into a queue, just filter out or let it
through.
You could drop the packet and create a new one which does replace it. Also you could modify packets. For example this is done by the dropper plugin. However, I think prioritization is not possible.

Maybe i miss something about the Raptor. It has more features
and filter profiles, but routing…?

No currently routing is not possible. However, creating of packets is planed, at least for messages.

Message was edited by: Coolcat