Does the connection manager support SSL/TLS for server connections?

Does the connection manager support SSL/TLS for server connections?

If it does not currently, are there plans for it to do so?

I know that my current setup does not appear to use SSL/TLS for the server connection.

When in this state, clients connecting to one of the connection manager servers show as being unencrypted, even when the client’'s status log show its connection to the connection manager is encrypted.

cm to server connections seems to be encrypted by default with tls.

even client connections to the cm seems to be encrypted. i have verified that with a packet sniffer. it seems that the session monitor is not able to recognize the connection status (encrypted or not) if the connections are coming by the cm.

Hi,

Gato did reply to a similar question with “…connection to the server can be using compression and be encrypted while client connections may be unsecured and uncompressed or vice versa…”

here: http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=20483

LG

What are the defaults for these values currently?

And what would be the reason why a client connection from a connection manager would show up as not secured in the session list when the client shows that it connected with TLS (screenshot available on request)?

Hi,

I have no idea about the defaults and Gato did not answer where to set the settings.

I did create JM-791 for the “not secured” display problem.

LG

The settings for those probably go in the system properties of the server manager.

Thanks for the trouble ticket on the display issue.