Does this server support "Invisible mode"?

When I select “Invisible mode” from psi client, the client report error and disconnect from server.

This is most likely a Psi bug – there was an old style of sending invisible presence that was illegal at the protocol level. Can you paste in what Psi is sending to the server so that we can verify?

Regards,

Matt

Oh, it seems a little difficult for me _. first, I can give your some jive exception log.

Error log:

2005.02.04 12:44:21 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:114)

] Could not route packet

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invisible

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.valueOf(Presence.java:298)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getType(Presence.java:81)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:77)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:59)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:90)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:198)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:109)

2005.02.04 12:57:47 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:114)

Warn log:

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:201)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:109)

2005.02.04 12:44:21 Stream error detected

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invisible

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Type.valueOf(Presence.java:298)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getType(Presence.java:81)

Is it helpful?

Best regards

Zheng Wei

When I use another client, there is still the same error. I’'m not sure if it is beacuse they use jabber instead of XMPP protocol?

Best regards

Zheng Wei

The JEP that clients should be using is:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0126.html

We don’'t currently support that, but will in the near future.

What the clients are using is:

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0018.html

The warning at the top of that JEP:

“WARNING: This JEP has been Rejected by the Jabber Council. Implementation of the protocol described herein is not recommended under any circumstances.”

I would recommend reporting the current behavior of the clients as bugs to the authors.

Regards,

Matt

Ic. I will let them know. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Zheng Wei