Doing a search

In the ReportedData javadoc it mentions it is for data returned from a search. But i dont see a class anywhere to handle search packets. Am I just missing it?

Hey Alex,

You can follow this url=http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0004.html#examples-searchlink[/url] to get more information about doing searches using data forms. As you will see data forms per se will not allow you to perform searches. However, if the result of a search has a tabular format then it will probably be included in a data form as shown in the JEP-04.

In summary, currently Smack does not include any functionality out of the box that performs searches and uses ReportedData to process the search result. However, Smack provides the ReportedData class that provides a high level API for processing search results included in a data form answer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

– Gato

i ended up setting up my own jabber:iq:search. The only thing that makes it particularly difficult is the Iterators, I just have a lot of fields in the form and instead of being able to randomly access a list i have to put each on through an extensive if/else statement. But thanks for the help!