Domain Roll out

Hello,

I am using Spark in AD 2003 enviroment. I am using Pandion right now, but support and development has gone away.

I am looking to install the messenger by GP or a software we have that can do network install.

I would like to configure a script or setting that forces auto login, and sets the users login name into the login box, password and server.

We use LDAP, so the password would be the current windows session password. Has anyone done this, or know of a way to do it?

I have users who will NOT sign on, and they just give me the excuse that they forgot the password or it errored when it connected. I cannot force them to sign on, but if I create a script that does… well its a different story.

The process is called single sign on or SSO. There are many discussion on this subject in the community. See this thread for my most recent post on the subject: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/32910

Hi,

We solved this situation by installing the software (in MSI format) with on our XP workstations with SMS. At installation time, a registry key is added to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to ensure Spark is started when the user logs on. To ensure users are signed on automatically, both Openfire and Spark are configured to use Single Sign On (Kerberos).

You can find more information about SSO and Kerberos here: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1362

The amount of information can be confusing at first, but we are satisfied with the results.

I’ve decided to use your method, as its more in-depth and you have a crap load of posts.

I have everything setup, did the config step by step… When I go to logon, it fails.

I can logon if I enter in my user/pass for windows, but not with SSO.

I checked and re-checked my config, even re-created my key. I do not get any errors when I start the server in the console window.

Is there a debug log on Spark I can paste to possibly show where its failing?

ss >> http://s3.supload.com/free/sso.GIF/view/

On client machine

in output i have error:

Debug is true storeKey false useTicketCache true useKeyTab false doNotPrompt true ticketCache is null isInitiator true KeyTab is null refreshKrb5Config is false principal is null tryFirstPass is false useFirstPass is false storePass is false clearPass is false

Acquire TGT from Cache

Principal is SteveAdmin@MYDOMAIN.COM

Commit Succeeded

Debug is true storeKey false useTicketCache true useKeyTab false doNotPrompt true ticketCache is null isInitiator true KeyTab is null refreshKrb5Config is false principal is null tryFirstPass is false useFirstPass is false storePass is false clearPass is false

Acquire TGT from Cache

Principal is SteveAdmin@MYDOMAINCOM

Commit Succeeded

Jun 5, 2008 8:15:30 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

SASL authentication failed:

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 209)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:341)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:828)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$400(LoginDialog.java:196)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$1.construct(LoginDialog.java:594)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:129)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please someone? Advise

Debug is true storeKey true useTicketCache false useKeyTab true doNotPrompt true ticketCache is null isInitiator true KeyTab is C:/Program Files/Openfire/resources/xmpp.keytab refreshKrb5Config is false principal is xmpp/server.mydomain.com@MYDOMAIN.COM tryFirstPass is false useFirstPass is false storePass is false clearPass is false

principal’s key obtained from the keytab

Acquire TGT using AS Exchange

authentication failed

Cannot get kdc for realm MYDOMAIN.COM

i’ve eplaced server & mydomain