Editing broadcast to send SMS email

Good morning. I’m not sure if this is an Openfire or a Spark question, so please let me know if this is the wrong spot. I’ll ask it here since I’m dealing with the broadcast plugin source that comes with Openfire source.

I work for a Hospice agency that is currently using Openfire/Spark/AD. As an agency, we are very mobile; and most of our communication is through texting to prevent interruptions during patient visits. I’ve successfully added the SMS email address (1234567890@vtext.com for instance) to the vcard viewer, which we’re storing in the “Pager” field in AD.

However, one more requirement is that we be able to send group texts as well. Not the whole roster, but maybe 10 people here, 5 people there. My plan is to edit the broadcast feature in the spark client (which is what I believe is in the Openfire source?) so that it creates a string of SMS addresses for the selected users and then inserts that into the “To:” field of an email. Simple plan, but I’m struggling with implementation, and I’m hoping someone here has some direction for me.

I don’t know Java, but I know enough about other languages to “read” what’s going on for the most part…I think. Basically what I’m trying to do is duplicate this, but for a group of people instead of just an individual:

//Adds texting email address from AD “Pager” field
if (ModelUtil.hasLength(vcard.getEmailHome())) {
emailAddressSMS = vcard.getPhoneWork(“PAGER”);
}

public void mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
startEmailClient(emailAddressSMS);
}

});

I can post what I have so far if it’s helpful, but honestly I’m guessing as to whether or not I’m even editing the correct source code. Any suggestions or pointers are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message was edited by: Josh Nikle EDIT: Well, I was looking at the wrong source afterall. What I found was the code called when you click on a group to send a broadcast message to it. What I need is the code called when you hold down ctrl and select users, then right-click and “Send broadcast to selected users…” Can anyone tell me where that code is?