Email listener plugin

First of all, thanks! I had need for a plugin just like this and I see

it’s only a few days old!

If the author(s) are reading, maybe down the road we could have a

little more control over how the Jabber messages that are sent look.

For example, I don’t need to see “A new email has been received” for

the IM (and for some reason for each email I get two of these). You

could have options to display the sender, subject, body, or other email

headers.

Oh, and giving it the ability to delete email it has already

sent would be a bonus. I envision using a unique email account for this

plugin to send notices to. As such, a human will never be logging into

it unless it is to clear out the old messages in the Inbox.

Also, waaaaaay down the road it might be nice to define mutiple email

addresses to check so that different accounts can be monitored and

different combinations of users notified based on them. I have no need

for something that complex, but I can see where others might.

1/8/08 - I’ve had problems with this plugin sending notifications, I believe it’s having problems with the IMAP server I’m using. The IMAP server is reporting lots of “connection open too long, closing” problems in the log. The first email is correctly forwarded via Openfire, any other messages are not. I’ve tried both increasing and decreasing the check interval without success. Does the plugin make use of IMAP-IDLE, that would probably be the best way, although not all servers make use of it?

majorsl wrote:

1/8/08 - I’ve had problems with this plugin sending notifications, I believe it’s having problems with the IMAP server I’m using. The IMAP server is reporting lots of “connection open too long, closing” problems in the log. The first email is correctly forwarded via Openfire, any other messages are not. I’ve tried both increasing and decreasing the check interval without success. Does the plugin make use of IMAP-IDLE, that would probably be the best way, although not all servers make use of it?

I am having the same problem with imap.gmail.com

Nice feature request, btw.

I would love an option for interacting with the plugin. Maybe a commando for getting the message list or open and delete individual messages.

Have you found a resolution to this? I am having the same problem. Email listener works the first time then spits out errors and won’t work again until its been restarted. Oddly enough, as others have found here, you will get “test failed” trying to enable SSL with gmail but it seems to work without it checked, at least the first time. This plugin has been out a while. Someone must have a fix to this. I am running the latest openfire btw 3.6.0 any chance I need to have an older version of openfire for email listener to work right? (like 3.4)