Emailing contacts from within the roster

When hovering over contacts in the roster, you have the option to start a chat or email. Email doesnt work and I get the following message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test

Sent: 2/9/2007 10:22 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

''testname@mycompany.com'' on 2/9/2007 10:22 AM

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

Where can this be configured, in Wildfire 3.1.1 and Spark 2.0.8 ???

Thanks!!

The email is going through you default email client, so the issue is with whatever client is being invoked. Take a look at configuring that client.

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks for the reply Derek.

I’'m using Outlook, which is the client for our Exchange server.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi. I’'m having the same problem. We are on Exchange and when in Spark, you select Email, my Outlook client comes up and puts the email correctly in the To: field. However, when you right-click on the email address and click on properties, the Email Type is set for Internet Type so it is displaying the email address. When you click on Internet Type, it switches to SMTP and then I am able to send the email. So, by default it is going to Internet Type instead of SMTP. How does this get changed? Thanks,

Actually, the issue is with JDIC’‘s implementation of Desktop.mail() on Windows See this thread–according to the Windows MAPI documentation, the address must include the address type (SMTP, in this case), but JDIC is not supplying any type, so MAPI uses the address itself as the type, which doesn’'t work. After sitting on the bug for a year and a half, the JDIC guys passed it off to the JDK 6 guys.

Any updates on this?