EmailOnAway plugin with Spark 2.6.3

Hello,

Sorry for sounding a little vague here. I’m a freelancer who does regular work for a company who uses Spark to communicate. I have Spark 2.6.3 installed on my desktop at home, and they often message me through it to see if I can take work. I’d really like to be able to use the EmailOnAway plugin as listed here https://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins-beta.jsp. This way I would get an email when they sent me a message while I was set to away.

Except I’m not sure how I can get it to work. I’ve copied the .jar file in to the plugins folder with no luck. Is this something that needs to be installed on the server side? I’m a bit loathe to ask them to do that for me, since I’m only a contractor, so I was hoping it was a plugin I only needed to install on my end to be able to use.

Sorry for what is probably a simple question with an obvious answer. Thanks in advance.

It is a server side plugin and it only works with Openfire server. They could be using any xmpp server, not necessary Openfire.

Hello, thanks so much for your reply :slight_smile: