Embedded Database Roster Limitation?

Hello

I’ve recently began using Openfire & Spark within my company. I decided to use the embedded Database as i am only trialling at this stage. But i’ve noticed that my Roster Cache is 45% full already, and so i was wondering the following;

a)Is there a limit to the number of users that can be created whilst using the Embedded database?

b) Can the Caches be extended?

I’m very grateful for any help that can be given.

Many Thanks

Hi Jay,

jsmoove wrote:

I’ve recently began using Openfire & Spark within my company. I decided to use the embedded Database as i am only trialling at this stage. But i’ve noticed that my Roster Cache is 45% full already, and so i was wondering the following;

I wouldn’t worry about this too much but if you want to increase the size of your roster cache take a look at this document.

a)Is there a limit to the number of users that can be created whilst using the Embedded database?

There’s no real practical limit but generally it is recommended that once you get over a 100 or so users you might want to use an external database if you access to one. However, I’ve used it in a simulated environment with 5000 users and it can be extremely fast if the machine it and Openfire are running on have enough resources. The real advantage of using an external db is that a lot of organizations already have a database that they use for other applications so that typically means they have the infrastructure in place (dedicated hardware, regular backups, etc) that they want to leverage.

b) Can the Caches be extended?

See the above link.

Hope that helps,

Ryan