Enable Security Audit Logs?

I am testing 3.5 and I know one of the features is to enable security logs for the admin interface and I can go to the security audit log viewer, but nothing is there. And I can’t seem to find where I need to go to enable this.

TIA for help

They’re activated by default (in fact you can’t really turn them off) Did you perform an action in the admin console? Log events are when admin actions are performed, like changing server settings. If you did try changing something and it still didn’t trigger something in the security audit log, check your various logs to see if there’s anything bring thrown when you try to change settings.

I did change some things and nothing registered. I didn’t think to look in the logs. this was in my error.log:

2008.04.09 16:51:12 org.jivesoftware.openfire.security.DefaultSecurityAuditProvider.getEvents(Defaul tSecurityAuditProvider.java:144)

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘openfire.jiveSecurityAuditLog’ doesn’t exist

I upgraded this from 3.3.1 to 3.5 and everything else seems to work (besides sparkweb ssl )

Sounds like you didn’t get one of the DB upgrades. I’m guessing that upgrade 14 failed. Look in your install directory/resources/database/upgrade/14 and open openfire_mysql.sql change the ALTER TABLE … ALTER COLUMN … line to be ALTER TABLE … CHANGE COLUMN … and then restart openfire.

that did it, thanks. now if I could only get my sparkweb ssl problem resolved