Ensure Users Log Into Spark

Sounds like sooner than later. Thanks,

mtstravel wrote:

I was running a second or third beta of 2.6 until this morning. I am back to 2.5.8 as there were some issues with the beta I had.

How are you distinguishing betas by versions? You mean the third beta compiled and send to you by WinSrev? Or you mark every SVN update as a new version virtually? Well, i’m compiling it myself and there is no Beta sign in About window, nor build version, so for me it’s just one beta What issues do you have? So far i havent found any new bugs in SVN version.

I am referring to the compiled versions sent to me by WinSrev. So far the last compiled build from a week ago has issue changing the status back from away due to idle, and it seems to choke my network on my computer when running. When it is running webpages take forever to load, and other network activities take much longer. If I quit spark while doing one of these processes normal speeds return instantly.

I dont remember when i have compiled it last time (maybe i didnt after Gato changes to Jingle) and i rarely go to idle (set to 10 mins). Will try to test that tomorrow.

I have compiled the latest code and i dont see any connect slowness after going online form idle.

jeffreyvsmith wrote:

So basically what I need is a scheduled task that can run under each user on a terminal server that runs a script that does this:

If spark.exe is not running then run spark…

Hi,

you may want to install Perl or a Shell and write a script which does this. “pslist -e Spark” shows whether Spark is running. pslist.exe is available from M$, Sysinternals - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn → Process Utilities

LG