Enterprise plugin not visible

Hi,

My company bought an enterprise license for openfire about a year ago and everything has been working fine. Today I was to do a new installation of the 3.2.2 version but I couldn’t find the enterprise plugin. Before it was possible to click a button “Install Enterprise Plugin” on the Enterprise tab page but it is not there anymore. I also went to look under the “Plugins” tab but didn’t find an enterprise plugin there either, I clicked the “Update now” link but no enterprise plugin appeared. Has the enterprise plugin been removed from the 3.2.2 installation or isn’t it supported anymore?

Regards

/Klas

Hey Klas,

Have you contacted support for this problem? I would recommend upgrading to Openfire Enterprise 3.5.1. You can download the latest version from this site.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi,

The person responsible for the Openfire installation at our company has just finished his job with us and I thought that this was the support as the forum name was “Openfire Enterprise Support”. Thanks for your advice but we can not upgrade to a later version of Openfire for the moment. Do you know where I can get additional support about this issue?

Regards

/Klas

Hey Klas,

Attached you will find the enterprise plugin that goes with Wildfire 3.2.2. In the future, you should get the enterprise edition from your online store.

Regards,

– Gato

Ok, thank you very much. I will try it out but I’m just curious about why it’s not possible to install the plugin the way it used to be?

Thanks

/Klas

Hey Klas,

Plugins listed in the site are always the latest version. For plugins we do not keep track of older versions. Since the 3.5.1 version of the enterprise plugin does not work with 3.2.2 then your server is not listing it as available.

Regards,

– Gato

Ok, thanks for your answer. The enterprise plugin that you posted in this thread didn’t work on my 3.2.2 installation:

“java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jivesoftware/wildfire/container/Plugin”

I guess that the plugin works for a previous version when the server (and java package) was named wildfire instead of openfire.

/Klas

Hey Klas,

In your original post you said that you were using version 3.2.2. The 3.2 series was still named Wildfire. Are you certain that you are using 3.2.2?

Thanks,

– Gato