Enterprise setup

Evaluating enterprise plug-in and have a few questions:

1. Does it log messages to the database? What tables does it use?

2. Messages don’'t seem to show up in logs, does “Audit” on the “Server” tab need to be on as well or is it a separate feature.

3. Do you have a compliance portal? We don’'t want to expose server admin console to the compliance department.

4. Is there a way to control who can add who to the roster? Some departments are not allowed to talk to each other, but help desk can talk to anyone. Is there a way to centralize roster administration?

Thanks

• Mike

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you are trying out the Enterprise plugin.

MichaelPer wrote:

1. Does it log messages to the database? What tables does it use?

The messages are logged to the database. Check out the entConversation, entConParticipant, and entMessageArchive tables.

1. Messages don’'t seem to show up in logs, does “Audit” on the “Server” tab need to be on as well or is it a separate feature.

Audit in the server needs to be turned on for messages to be logged. You have two choices. Full message logging or just conversation state logging. The conversation state logging tracks who is talking with who at what time, but not the actual content of the messages.

1. Do you have a compliance portal? We don’'t want to expose server admin console to the compliance department.

There is not a compliance portal into just that functionality, but it is a good idea. Thanks for posting it.

1. Is there a way to control who can add who to the roster? Some departments are not allowed to talk to each other, but help desk can talk to anyone. Is there a way to centralize roster administration?

There is not a way to keep users from adding to their roster (yet), but you can administer shared groups centrally which allows you to pre-populate the roster for your users. Create a new group in Users/Groups > Create New Group. Then, edit that group to manage the roster sharing features.

Cheers,

Greg

I don’‘t see ent* tables in my database. They are not in the setup script either. How are these tables are created why is there no error if they don’'t exist?

Hi Mike,

Hmm, you should see those tables in the database after installing the Enterprise plugin. The plugin would have added those tables automatically during the installation process. Is the database user that Wildfire authenticates as able to make schema changes?

Do you see any error messages in the Wildfire logs from the time you installed the Enterprise plugin?

Also, which version of Wildfire and Enterprise plugin do you have installed?

Thanks,

Greg

Message was edited by: greg

No, the database user can’‘t create tables and it shouldn’‘t be expected as we usually run things with the least privileged account. I couldn’'t install plug-in from the admin console because of the internal firewall, I had to download the jar file and manually copy it to the destination directory.

After taking a second look I now see the errors such as “Invalid object name ‘‘entConversation’’.”

Can I get a script somewhere to create the necessary database objects manually?

Thanks!

Hi Mike,

Ah, ok, I’‘m glad you found those error messages. You can manually update the database schema with the files in /plugins/enterprise/database/. From this directory you’'ll need to run the file for your database. Then, run the file for your database from each of the directories inside /plugins/enterprise/database/upgrade/, in the order of the directory names. Once each of those scripts is run you should be good to go.

Cheers,

Greg

Got it working, thanks!

Regarding my previous question about controlling the roster. Is it possible to turn off functionality in the Spark to add users and administer user rosters from the back end with direct sql statements?

Glad to hear you got it working. You cannot disable adding roster entries through Spark without a little customization to disable the functionality. You could do this as a Sparkplug (note that the Sparkplug kit is out of date, so you’'ll wrestle with it at first to get it working).

You can pre-populate the roster for users by creating shared groups centrally which allows you to pre-populate the roster for your users. Create a new group in Users/Groups > Create New Group. Then, edit that group to manage the roster sharing features. You can set the rules for the roster population once the group is created.