Error 500 on User Search

Hi All,

Wildfire 3.2.0, fedora core 6.

I’‘ve got one user that can login, chat just fine. But they can’'t search for users to add to their contact roster.

There getting error 500, I’‘ve disabled and renabled the search function thinking it might have been a hangup. I’‘ve even had the user login to another workstation and there getting the same error. Which leads to me to believe that again something is up with the mysql database. I’'ve run a maintanence check on it the mysql admin tools say everything is kosher.

I am ldap’‘ing into active directory so I can’'t nuke the user profile without causing a ton of grief for them.

I’'ve looked through the error logs and all I could find was a presence error for the person in question.

2007.04.30 10:43:24 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateHa ndler.java:140) Internal server error. Triggered by packet:

(JID.java:219)

Hi,

the space character in the JID “Devin Kunz@…” could cause these problems.

XMPP/Openfire can handle space characters but they must be escaped with \20 or something like this. Not sure if the LDAP connector cares about this or if it just produces an invalid JID.

LG

Derek has already opened up a ticket on this: SPARK-706

Be sure to vote on the SPARK-706 issue if you want it to be addressed quicker!!

From : http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=25892&tstart=25

Hope that helps!

Scott