Error: ClassCastException : org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger

hi all,

I’'im trying to use the messenger API to start and use an instance of my jive messenger server:

My code consists in a simple singleton which create an instance of a XMPPServer object.

I’'m using a 1.5 java runtime.

• It seems good when I run it as a standalone java application with Eclipse:

I’'ve put messenger.jar, jasper-compiler.jar, my jdbc driver, tomcat libs coming with the eclipse project (jasper-runtime.jar, jsp-api.jar, servlet-api.jar), and tje JRE system lib in the build path (in Eclipse):

I get a message console that tells me that everything is ok:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////:

Jive Messenger 2.2.0 Beta 1

Console d’'administration en écoute sur:

http://myserver:9098

https://myserver:9091

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////

• But when I want to run the same code calling the getInstance() method of my singleton object from a servlet which is deployed under Tomcat 5.5 i get an error that avoid correct admin console launching:

Here’'s the message I got in my Eclipse console:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////////////

Jive Messenger 2.2.0 Beta 1

Error starting admin console: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ////////////////////////////////

And here’'s the log trace from the error.log file located in the /logs directory:

=========================================================

2005.07.23 20:31:31 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(Admin ConsolePlugin.java:163)

] Trouble initializing admin console

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminC onsolePlugin.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:211)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.jav a:56)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:480)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

=========================================================

I got the same error result starting Tomcat with Eclipse or with the start.bat in the Tomcat home directory…

I cannot see where this ClassCastException come from and why…

Thanks for your help.

Alex

@see thread: http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15265&tstart=0