Error loading sip plugin

I’m running OpenFire on Linux, and have done for many years, currently with with Java 1.6.0_26-b03 and connecting to MySQL 5.0.27.

I have just upgraded from 3.6.4 to 3.7.0, and although the main IM server is working as I expect, plugins appear to be failing, like this:

2011.08.01 20:51:20 Error loading plugin: /usr/local/openfire-3.7.0/plugins/sip

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xmpp.component.ComponentManager.getLog()Lorg/xmpp/component/Log;

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sip.sipaccount.SipComponent.processPacket(SipComponen t.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.checkDiscoSupport( InternalComponentManager.java:458)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.addComponent(Inter nalComponentManager.java:171)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sip.SipManager.initializePlugin(SipManager.java:62)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :483)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1067)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:204)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Googling and searching through these forums haven’t helped me solve this problem, so I’d really appreciate some hints where I should look to fix it.

Thanks.

openfire 3.7 changed its logging interface and caused breakage with the plugins. You need to upgrade your plugins

daryl

Thanks for replying Daryl.

I have just stopped the Openfire server, deleted the plugins from the plugins folder (except for the admin plugin), restarted the server and re-installed the sip pluging from the “Available Plugins” page.

And in doing so I get the error again.

And, before you ask, yes the plugin list is up to date.

Any other suggestions would gratefully received.

Thanks.

tail -f error.log

2011.08.02 21:10:47 Error loading plugin: /usr/local/openfire-3.7.0/plugins/sip

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xmpp.component.ComponentManager.getLog()Lorg/xmpp/component/Log;

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sip.sipaccount.SipComponent.processPacket(SipComponen t.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.checkDiscoSupport( InternalComponentManager.java:458)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.addComponent(Inter nalComponentManager.java:171)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.sip.SipManager.initializePlugin(SipManager.java:62)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :483)