powered by Jive Software

Error.log - strange message

I migrated from JiveMessenger 2.2.2 to Wildfire 2.6.2. I’'m using embedded database. I renamed files messenger.* in embedded-db in old version to wildfire.* in embedded-db in new version. After starting Wildfire informed me that conversion is successfully made. But ! Every time I start Wildfire - in log\error.log file the block is adding:

2006.05.07 18:11:50 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.startModules(XMPPServer.java:504)

] Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.disco.IQDiscoItemsHandler.addServerItemsProvider(IQDi scoItemsHandler.java:178)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.disco.IQDiscoItemsHandler.start(IQDiscoItemsHandler.j ava:270)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.startModules(XMPPServer.java:497)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:371)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:142)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:49)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

In JiveMessenger version 2.2.2 I didn’'t remember such one. I only install new version, now is holiday… I registered successfully, but what wil be in workday for 200 ones ? What I have to repair ?

Hi,

it’‘s very hard to tell as Wifi does not log which module fails to start. For me the simplest thing would be adding a log statement in XMPPServer.java:504 which prints the module name but if you did never compile Wifi so far I’'m not sure that you want to start trying to do this right now. But if you want to do this please get Windows+Eclipse and read url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/entry.jspa?externalID=441&categoryID=1 7http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/entry.jspa?externalID=441&categoryID=17.[/ url]

It should not be related to plugins, but if you have old plugins you’'ll hit some problems so you could try to start Wifi without search/broadcast/presence plugin to make sure that this is not the problem.

LG

Hi,

I’'m able to reproduce the error … ): but I did not meant to reproduce it. I did not find the time to investigate it, for me the conference and pubsub service is failing. It seems that it is related to the configuration of Wifi itself, maybe some things must not be deactivated or this will happen after restart.

LG

edited: /file-transfer-proxy.jsp - there one may deactive the file transfer proxy to cause this exception. if it is enabled everything should be fine.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the bug report. The problem is now fixed and the issue for it was JM-674. The bug fix will be available with the next nightly build.

It seems that some module that uses service discovery was disabled thus triggering this problem.

Thanks,

– Gato