Error Messages after server name change

I changed the name of my server from im.olddomain.com to im.newdowmain.com. Both xmpp.domain and server name is im.newdomain.com, but I am seeing some error messages in the Error and Warn log files that are referencing the old domain.

Error Logs:

2007.04.03 22:28:51 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:258) Error trying to connect to remote server: OLDDOMAIN.com(DNS lookup: OLDDOMAIN.com:5269)

Warn Logs:

2007.04.03 22:28:31 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: im.OLDDOMAIN.com. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@b6effb socket: Socket[addr=/10.10.x.x,port=35606,localport=5269] session: null

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Hey papawu,

Updating the server name is only one part of the process. It seems that you have left some things still using the old name. Have you updated roster contacts to use the new domain?

Regards,

ā€“ Gato

Well I am using AD 2003 as my user base.

I have cleared out all the cache.

I have recreated the certs.

Anything else Iā€™'m missing?

Hey papawu,

Rosters are not stored in LDAP. Please, check out the jiveRoster table in your database.

Thanks,

ā€“ Gato

The values in jiveRoster has been updated.

Is there anywhere else I need to look for the old domain?

Thanks.

Probably that was it. Give it a try again and let us know how it goes. Restart the server after changing the database.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato

It looks like that fixed this issue. I hope this will be helpful for someone else in the future.

Thanks.