Error : multiple exceptions

I’'ve tried to run jive on win 2k3. But it shows the error message :

“Error starting admin console: Multiple exceptions”

what shall I do to let jive work well?

There’‘s more than two domain name I’'ve setuped in IIS

My first guess is that you’‘ve run into an error that we just recently discovered. There’'s a bug with how the launcher tries to start the core server under Windows 2003. This will be fixed for the next release. For the time being, there are two workarounds:

1. Use bin/messengerd.exe to start the server instead of the launcher. It will open a console window to show the running program. The Windows service should also work fine.

2. Install JDK 1.5 on your machine so that it’'s the default JDK.

If that’‘s not the problem, can you paste in any errors you’'re seeing in the error log?

Regards,

Matt

I’'ve installed the JDK 1.5 already.

I tried to use bin/messengerd.exe to start the server instead of the launcher.

below is the content of error.log .

2005.05.23 14:43:58 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(Admin ConsolePlugin.java:176)

] Trouble initializing admin console

org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind]

at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:673)

at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminC onsolePlugin.java:146)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:179)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.jav a:57)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:408)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(Unknown Source)

at java.net.ServerSocket.(Unknown Source)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.newServerSocket(ThreadedServer.java:394)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.open(ThreadedServer.java:466)

at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.start(ThreadedServer.java:495)

at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.start(SocketListener.java:203)

at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:703)

at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminC onsolePlugin.java:146)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:179)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.jav a:57)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginMana ger.java:408)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

My next guess is that you already have other software installed that is listening on port 9090. Websphere perhaps? You can change the port that the Jive Messenger admin console listens on by editing conf/jive-messenger.xml.

Regards,

Matt

Great !

I changed the port number, and then it works finally. But I still donnot know what program is using the port 9090.

Thanks so much!!!

You can use TCPView to see which process has that port open. http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/tcpview.shtml

It’'s real helix server…

hroghgar,i tried tcpview it is extraordinary good detected tools,thanks your hint.